Tuesday, September 18, 2012

First Entry - Smashbook

Hi everyone!  This will be my first blog ever, so please bear with me and I hope I can keep it up.  I have been a crafter since I was in highschool, roughly about 15 years ago.  I started with jewelry making, and when I'm on vacation, I make sure to drop by Michaels and Joanns to grab some stuff for me to make.  After the craze of handmade jewelries, my creativity subsided and felt blah.

In 2009, I started my paper crafting journey.  Watching Youtube videos, reading blogs, browsing thru hundreds and thousands of the photos on Google and trying to make things I see. Little did I know, my passion for scrapbooking/journaling would be unveiled.

One day, I was again on my laptop looking for something interesting, and like everyone else I know, I came across K&Company's Smashbook and got curious about it.  I further searched about it, and then I saw the Youtube video, then BAM! I know I needed to have it. 

I also came across the Facebook group called Smash*aholic where I met very talented women who shared my passion, and I guess obsession with the folios (as what the company calls it).  Thru that group, I got a website that offered a great discount for the folios.  My 1st two folios were the Orange (Simple) and Green (Eco) which I asked my Aunt residing in the US to buy me online.  My next one was the Red (Doodle) one which was sent by my boyfriend from Canada.  My next folios are the Blue (Retro) and Pink (Pretty) which were gifted to me by my mom's friend also based in the US and the Black (Modern) which was bought for me by my mom when she went on a vacation.  Wonder why all were sent and gifted to me? Coz I'm from the Philippines and no one sells it here!!! Oh what a shame.  Anyways, the last on my collection is the Mini Smashbook which was sent to me by a good friend who I became friends with thru the Smashaholic group - Wendi.

Before i forget, I also got 1 more of the Orange folio when i entered into one of Kellie Winnell's giveaway raffles and I was lucky to win it.  

Currently, I am working on 3 folios, 2 Orange folios - About me and a secret project, and the green one for my penpals from the same Facebook group.

Here's my collection  of the smashbooks, oh and 2 Amy Tangerine's daybooks, which I am also obsessed with. But save that for another post.


What's in your collection?



12 comments:

  1. Weee!! Great post Ana! <3 Can't wait to see what else you have in store!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing first post!!!! keep up the good work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great sister! Ooooooh, you're gonna have a mini pocket soon to add to your collection! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. good work on your first post! looking forward to reading more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!!! oh im so happy with my first entry....thanks again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. <3 I need a bigger collection now :) you make me jealous! So awesome that you have amazing people to send to you your crafty stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your new blog, Ana. Can't wait to read more. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new blog and thanks for the mention! Can't wait to read more and see lots of pics!! Love ya, Ana!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yayyyy!!! You're a blogger now!! Add that to your many talents and gifts! :) Can't wait to see what amazing things you have in store for us; no pressure though! ;) Love ya girl!
    Hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  10. great blog! i started mine this year too! best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great way to start! Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete