Friday, September 21, 2012

First Smash Book

My relationship with smash book started in February 2012.  We have a love and hate kind of relationship because looking at the pages, it seemed easy, but when I am about to start to make my page or spread, I always end up pulling out all the embellishments I have, my room seemed like a bomb just blew off.  Then I remember, it should be messy and beautiful, stick to the plan - just smash everything in there, no rules.

And so I started to use one of my folios.  First stop - Simple Orange.  I liked it coz its.... SIMPLE.  My first folio was About Me coz it was easier and so i thought.  I embellished the outside cover with thickers, few papers and flowers. Good start huh.


Then I started printing photos of everything I see, browsed thru magazines and did some cutting.  But I just couldn't make myself use the clippings. Ughhhh.. another dilemma, I had to have a plan B - print more photos and use it. So my next pages where about my dream wedding, my favorite summer clothes (that I wish I could have the courage to wear), about me as a photographer and my favorite stores to shop.

Wedding spread

 Summer clothes spread

 Me as a photographer

 Favorite shops

After my first few pages, I stopped.  I wonder, why can't I finish this book, its about me for heaven's sake.  I guess I really don't know me either. Haha.  But I didn't give up on this book, if it weren't for the cover page that says "ABOUT ME", I would've finished this months ago.  So here are some of the other spreads I have made in this book and hopfully I can finish this and get to start a new, and this time, NO THEMES! 

  Me as a Smash*aholic and a Shopaholic

 My 2012 birthday spread

 Me and my favorite pastime - swimming and the beach

Til next time!

3 comments:

  1. great job on your pages ana! :) I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!

    Hi! I'm rusuke and I also love smash book! So cool to meet a fellow Filipina who loves SMASH book!

    ReplyDelete