Thursday, September 20, 2012

Handmade Daybook

As some of you may know, I and Cathy of Inside the Crafters Studio enrolled in Amy Tangerine's self-paced class on BPC (Big Picture Classes).  She showed there some tutorials and tricks she has in making her daybooks and how to keep the creative juices flowing.  Before I joined her class, I have already been making myself some daybooks and was able to use it for the trip I had with my siblings to Palawan Philippines last February of 2012.  Mind you ladies, ones you get to start making and get a hang of it, you'll end up making tons and dont know when, where and how to use it.

I have 2 Original AT Daybooks, the first one is the Noteworthy Daybook I purchased, and another one is the Montage Spiral Daybook sent by my good friend Cathy.  I have a handmade daybook sent by one of the Smash*aholics Patti Martin during one of our challenges/swap sessions in the group.  I have already made about 8 daybooks using the paper collections that I have and have used only 2 so far and RAKed 3 to other girls, and 1 for my swap with Patti.

Daybook is a great way to document shorts trips, daily or monthly lives, favorite activities, children's school activities or programs they're in.  Its nice to keep this little daybooks or others may call it journals so you have something to look back at after a few years.  You get to appreciate life more. 

So here's the daybook that I made using 6x6 paper pads.  The size of the daybook is about 6 1/4 x 4 1/2.  I used this daybook to document the instagram photos I have for the month of September.  Im doing this now because I am preparing myself to commit to making my first ever December Daily - yup, save it for another post :)

Here's the look of my daybook, half filled, still a work in progress as it is still September, and as soon as I'm done, i'll post the rest of it.

The front cover of the daybook.  Using paper doilies, thickers, mini alpha stickers, and some washi tapes.  The camera die-cut was sent to me by Cathy.
 First page - Sept. 1.  Facetime session with the boyfriend surprising me with a bunch of giant gerberas.
Sept. 2 - Lunch with family at TGIFridays then a little shopping.  Was able to save the tag of the bag.







And here's a tutorial video I made on how I hand stitch my handmade books.


And this is a video of the very first daybook I have made before I joined BPC class to document my vacation.

Hope I have inspired you to make your own daybooks and share it with me on how you used yours.

6 comments:

  1. i totally agree with you - ever since i started smashing, and now, making daybooks i apreciate everyday moments so much more.
    i am also doing a daybook just for september - will post it ond FB.
    your pages look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks kris. Its makes ordinary days and ordinary activities seem special. Looking forward to seeing your daybook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tutorial videos are such a help to me! I really appreciate all of the ladies who take time to record them and then upload for the rest of us to watch. I have made a few daybooks but watching your videos always gives me new tips, tricks and inspiration to try out and add my own touch or stle too. Thanks Ana! Theses videos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so stinkin' cute Ana!!! I love how this daybook came out! I can't believe you completed one already on your family vacation! I haven't touched a thing on my vacay book. LOL! Thank you for sharing this lovely book with us!
    Hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi, Thank you! and because of you everyone seemed to be addicted to daybooks and somehow forgot about smashing... its like 12x12 scrapbooking is too formal and smash was just right, then came daybook which is way easier than smash. hahah... and im glad my videos can be of help to others as well...

    Rachel, thank you. The first one i did was a so-so style for me but I wouldn't complain coz I was able to document that trip while the memories are still fresh... I'll be working on my other daybook from my recent trip. Cant wait to see what you can create with you daybook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boyfriend is soooooo sweet! That book for your trip is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete